TMK-INOX LLC follows the basic principles of both corporate and factory environmental policy in the organization of environmental protection activities. Sharing corporate responsibility to society for the rational use of natural resources and the preservation of a favorable environment.
The main goal of the company in environmental protection activities:
- to provide the minimum possible negative impact of production on the environment
- compliance with legal requirements, as well as international, national and industry standards, ensuring the priority of environmental safety.
The company has implemented an integrated Management System, which includes a quality, environmental, occupational health and industrial safety management system.
The current Management System is certified for compliance with the requirements of ISO 14001: 2015 "Environmental management systems-Requirements and guidelines for use". In 2020, the plant successfully passed the next inspection audit. The certification body is the Russian Register Certification Association. In July 2021, it is planned to conduct a recertification audit to confirm the system's compliance with the requirements of the International Standard.
All the necessary permits in the field of environmental protection are available, and instrumental monitoring of compliance with the established standards is constantly carried out on sources of emissions of pollutants into the atmospheric air, in places of accumulation of industrial waste. The laboratories performing the measurements are accredited and equipped with modern equipment.
The main results of environmental activities for 2020:
The "Action Plan in the field of ecology for 2020" included 13 events, including 5 technical, 4 organizational and 4 social.
The main measures are aimed at minimizing environmental risks in the field of waste management and protecting the atmospheric air:
- reducing the amount of oiled waste generated from the cold rolled pipes site;
- reduction of waste transferred to landfill due to the conclusion of a contract for the transfer of abrasive dust waste for processing in specialized enterprises;
- prevention of spills and leaks of coolant;
- installation of new filter elements on the grinding equipment of the pipe finishing/delivery area;
- updating of the draft waste generation standards and limits on their disposal in connection with the identification of new types of waste generated;
- organization of industrial environmental control in accordance with the approved schedule.
In addition to the above measures, additional work is carried out to maintain the existing dust and gas cleaning equipment, exhaust ventilation (repairs, replacement of engines, fans, cleaning).
In 2020, the total amount of emissions from the company's sources decreased by 12.09% compared to 2019.
There are no significant changes in the dynamics of waste management indicators.
Environmental protection activities at the enterprise are carried out in accordance with environmental and sanitary legislation and within the established standards.
The company's environmental protection objectives for 2021.
To reduce the impact on the environment in 2021, the following environmental protection programs have also been developed and approved:
- "Waste and by-product Management Program for 2020-2025";
- "Environmental Action Plan of TMK-INOX LLC for 2021".
- Reducing the amount of waste transferred to landfill by transferring waste scale and abrasive dust for processing in specialized enterprises;
- Conversion of certain types of waste into by-products;
- Design and development of technical specifications for the modernization of the gas treatment plant at the chemical treatment site;
- Implementation of a program to prevent leakage of coolant into the industrial drainage system;
- Updating of the projects of the maximum permissible emissions and the waste generation standards and limits on their disposal